Thou sun, of this great world both eye and soul. – John Milton
Sometimes even the most seemingly familiar subjects can yield interesting story ideas and avenues for exploration.
How might the Sun inform…
- The passage of time in your story?
- The depiction of light and dark in your story?
- The idea of distance and direction in your story?
- The expressions of warmth, life, and abundance in your story?
- The spiritual life of your characters?
- The flora* and fauna of your story world?
* I discovered this article on sunflowers while preparing this worksheet. It’s quite fascinating!