Are you a writer too?
I post weekly writing worksheets and hold weekly online write-alongs. My daily readings & inspirations can be found on my Tumblr. If you’re a stationery addict like me, you might also enjoy my printables.
Currently, I’m exploring the following topics:
- How to be the Heroine of your Own Story – combining self-development with character development. (This will become a Lady Writers League course)
- The Writing Life – what do writers do, how do they work, what are their responsibilities, what does it mean to be a writer, etc.? (This will become a Lady Writers League course titled: The Write Life)
- Imagination – using our imagination to experience things we feel we can’t experience “in real life”, and expanding the limits of our imagination. (This will become a Lady Writers League course called, How to Lose Yourself in a World of Your Own Invention)
- Reading for Writers – how writers can read with purpose to improve their writing. (This will become a Lady Writers League course called, Reading Influences)
- Archetypal stories – including The Fool’s Journey, and my own One Page Novel.
… and more that you can find in the Article Index.
My favourite books on writing are:
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- The Ode Less Travelled by Stephen Fry
- A Poetry Handbook by Mary Oliver
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
- Notes on Prosody by Vladimir Nabokov
- Daily Rituals by Mason Currey
- The Positive Trait Thesaurus by Ackerman & Puglisi
… as well as a few more on my Creative Writing Reading List.
A Few of My Favourite Posts
My Advice for Life
(Reminders for me, suggestions for you…)
❤ it’s not about you ❤ weather it ❤ beautify yourself without spending money ❤ learn a language every day ❤ be bigger than your problems, smaller than your ambitions ❤ when you are dog-tired & can’t do any more… do more anyway ❤ have more energy than anyone you know ❤ to thine own self be true ❤ never say “no,” or “not now,” to inspiration ❤ learn all you can about money ❤ embrace new technology ❤ master old crafts ❤ do not indulge in nostalgia ❤ write syllabi ❤ start at the beginner ❤ dream loud & clear ❤ never read the news ❤ SIT UP STRAIGHT ❤ drink water ❤ do strengthening exercises ❤ don’t part with your art ❤ delay gratification ❤ live somewhere warm ❤ think the best of people ❤ make stuff ❤ go fast