If you’re preparing for NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo, or you’re in the thick of the action, I have some novel-saving writing resources for you!
A Month Before NaNoWriMo
- Print out your Novel in a Month Notebook.
- Pick a plot formula.
- Make a list of things you love in novels.
- Learn How to Write a Novella.
- Want a plot formula template?
- No idea? Here’s 100.
- Have you chosen your genre?
A Week Before NaNoWriMo
- No time to plot? Here’s a ready-made outline!
- You might like these tips on how to write fast.
- Brainstorm some ideas with a genre mindmap.
- Create a last-minute character.
- Still need a character name?
- Thinking of writing your novel in Google Docs?
- Need to (urgently) call upon your muse?
Track your progress using The Productivity Pages.
- Need help with your opening scene?
- Decide on your point of view.
- Choose your narrator wisely.
- Trying to figure out exactly how to write that scene?
- Need help writing dialogue?
- Not enough action?
- Are your characters trying to make a decision? Yes or No?
- Have you written your character into a corner?
- Time to give your antagonist some love.
- Develop your characters with these scenes.
- Desperate for more words?
- It’s hard, killing characters…
- Running out of writing ideas? Power up the idea engine.
- Are you stuck?
- More conflict!
- Is it time for a plot twist yet?
- Writing ‘The End’.
- Still need a title?
- Here’s an editing checklist you can use!
- Rate your scenes with Scene Charger (find this worksheet in The One Page Novel Workbook in the Coterie)
- Need a synopsis before you publish?